An athletic frame is today's prized body type. Slim but muscular and strong. For men and women alike, this body type may feel unattainable no matter your level of dedication to personal fitness. Body implants are a tried and true method of creating the look of defined musculature on your calves, chest, and buttocks. These body implants produce results that look like your natural muscle.
To find out if an implant may be right for your goals, please call Grossman Plastic Surgery at 866-221-9665. We look forward to arranging your consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons in Denver.
Candidates for Body Implants
These devices may be used for aesthetic reasons or to address physical appearance problems related to certain conditions.
Body implants can often be used to correct defects or abnormalities caused by certain genetic conditions, including:
- Spina Bifida
- Marfan's Syndrome
- Pectus Canaritum
- Pectus Recurvatum
- Pectus Excavatum
- Poland Syndrome
For aesthetic purposes, body implants are used to create the appearance of defined, toned, athletic muscles in the calves, pecs and buttocks.
Some men have trouble building pectoral mass, even with a regular weightlifting regimen. This is quite natural. Some body types develop muscle tone and definition in the chest region more easily than others. If you are frustrated by the lack of chest results you are seeing from working out, pectoral implants may be right for you.
Pectoral implants provide a way to enjoy a toned, chiseled chest that may feel out of reach. Following are some of the most common questions about the procedure:
- Will I be able to continue doing workouts that target the chest? Yes, the pectoral implants do not hinder or interfere with any muscular activity, so you will be able to work out with implants.
- Will they look natural? Yes, the pectoral implants offered by our plastic surgeons are ultra-soft and ultra-flexible silicone. Not only does this allow you the full range of mobility, but the results look like natural sculpted muscle.
- Who gets pec implants? Men who have been unable to achieve the pectoral mass they want, and are interested in a long-lasting solution.
- How can I make the results look even better? To improve muscle definition as well as mass, liposelection/liposuction and/or chest exercise is necessary.
- What is the procedure like? An incision is made in your armpit, along the edge of the muscle. A pocket is created beneath the pectoral muscle. The implant is placed through the incision into this pocket.
- Is it always combined with liposuction? Not necessarily. An in-person consultation is needed to determine if you can benefit from lipo to optimize your results. Men with excess fat or who want more definition are typically the best candidates.
There are a variety of pectoral implant shapes, sizes and styles. Rely on our experienced plastic surgeons to help you plan a procedure that will accomplish the goals you have in mind.
Recovery from pectoral implant placement: For three weeks you will wear a compression garment to aid in healing. It's important to be up and walking the day after surgery, but vigorous arm movements and other activity will have to be delayed for about a week. Full exercise routines must be delayed for about a month.
These implants are a great way to achieve the muscular, toned calves you may be unable to achieve through exercise. Sometimes exercise simply is not enough to get your muscles to the level of toning you want.
These devices are also well-suited to men and women who have underdeveloped calf muscles as a result of a birth defect or injury. Here are some of the most common calf implant questions:
- Will they look like naturally toned muscles? Yes, our plastic surgeons only recommend calf implants if the results will look natural. You will enjoy a more muscular leg appearance that complements your body frame and proportions.
- What's the procedure like? An incision is made in the crease behind your knee. A pocket for the implant is made in the tissue overlying the muscle. The implant is then placed within this pocket and the incision is closed.
- Who is a good candidate? There must be sufficient soft tissue in your lower leg to conceal and support the implant. This tissue also must have enough elasticity to move with the implant. Our plastic surgeons will determine what size, shape and type of calf implant can be placed while still looking natural.
- What is the recovery like? Many people who get calf implants avidly pursue physical fitness. You will need to take some downtime. Running and lower leg weight training must be delayed for 4-6 weeks. Walking is fine and necessary to circulation during the first week.
The experienced plastic surgeons at our practice can help you decide if this procedure is right for you. They have performed numerous calf implant placements over the decades.
There are actually several ways to augment and shape the buttocks. Butt implants are just one way. Please visit our buttock augmentation page to learn more about the various approaches.
If you choose butt implants, they will be placed in a pocket beneath the gluteus maximus muscle. Today, many women and men are opting for butt augmentation using fat transfer. Another technique lifts the buttock area to remove excess, sagging skin. Rest assured our plastic surgeons will help you decide which method is right for your goals and your body.
Your Consultation in Denver
To arrange your consultation with our experienced Denver plastic surgeons, please call Grossman Plastic Surgery at 866-221-9665. You can also reach us by completing the contact form on this page. We look forward to meeting you to discuss your options in-person!