For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, you can do more than wear pink to raise awareness and help find a cure. You can take action this month by:
- Taking a walk or run. Many groups will organize charity events throughout the month to benefit cancer support programs and cancer research. The Race for the Cure raised over $500,000 last month in its annual race. Find a Denver area event today, like the upcoming Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- Giving your time or money. Any time or cash you have to spare can help with efforts to provide cancer screenings to women who otherwise wouldn’t have access and to help find a cure and improved treatment options.
- Scheduling your mammogram. You can schedule your cancer screening and encourage your friends and family members to schedule theirs. Early detection gives you the best chance to fight the disease.
- Sharing your story. Whether you are a survivor, a family member, or a woman who is just beginning her journey through the fight against cancer, you can connect with others through community organizations and online groups.
- Learning your options. Knowing what to expect can empower you if you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. We can help you understand your options for breast reconstruction so you can make knowledgeable decisions moving forward.
If you are considering breast reconstruction after mastectomy, call Grossman Plastic Surgery at (866) 221-9665 today to schedule your consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon. We welcome patients throughout Denver and across Colorado.