If you are unhappy with the appearance of your lips due to sun exposure, lifestyle effects, or heredity, you may be interested in lip augmentation. At Grossman Plastic Surgery we can use injectable fillers to help Denver patients:
- Plump up thin lips
- Help correct the appearance of recessed scars
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften and reduce facial creases and wrinkles that occur when frowning or smiling
- Restore facial contours
There have been many advancements among injectable fillers since the first generation animal-based collagen options of the 1980s. Collagen injectable fillers have been nearly phased out due to allergic reactions short durability.
They have been replaced with a variety of other options that are non allergenic, longer lasting, and can be injected using cannulas rather than needles, allowing greatly reduced pain and discomfort during plastic surgery.
Some of the different options available today include:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are the most commonly used today to plump thin lips as well as treat wrinkles and small scars. HA is naturally occurring in the skin, much like collagen, but HA can be synthesized to eliminate the allergy risks. Brand names include Juvederm and Restylane. Treatment can last 12-16 months, but is usually less long-lasting in the lips.
- Radiesse is made of calcium-based crystals that stimulate your body to produce its own natural collagen over time. Radiesse is long lasting, (12-18 months,) but is better used for smile lines and marionette line rather than lip plumping.
- Sculptra is made of poly-L-lactic acid—the same material used in dissolvable stitches to give an overall improvement for patients who have thin or saggy faces. Sculpra can last two years or more, and also promotes natural collagen production.
To find out more about the injectable fillers available in our Denver plastic surgery office, call Grossman Plastic Surgery at 866-221-9655 or contact us through our website.