At Grossman Plastic Surgery, we believe in providing only the highest quality of care for our patients in Denver. Breast surgery comes with an excellent safety record and is commonly performed, but it’s still major surgery.
And with any major surgery, there’s a lot you should do in the run-up to your procedure to prepare. Whether you’re getting a breast augmentation or some other form of breast surgery, our plastic surgeons will give you detailed pre-operative instructions to follow.
As a general rule, you should prepare for breast surgery by:
- Stop smoking. It can reduce healing time
- Follow all of our doctors dietary recommendations; this usually entails not eating or drinking for a certain amount of time before your procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for a few days before your breast surgery.
- Avoid taking aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure; you’ll likely be given general anesthesia during your breast surgery, so you won’t be in any shape to drive yourself
- Make arrangements for the care of your children, should you have any. You’ll need to take it easy after your breast surgery.
Again, we provide all of our Denver-area patients with detailed instructions before breast surgery. However, the above list is a decent accounting of what most patients are asked to do before they undergo a procedure.
If you’re a Denver, Colorado woman considering breast surgery, please contact Grossman Plastic Surgery today for more information.